Rejuvenate Retreat Washington
October 5-7, 2018
Black Diamond Camp
The Rejuvenate Retreat in Auburn, WA focuses on encouragement and relaxation, as well as connecting moms with similar stories, struggles and triumphs. All adoptive and foster moms are welcome!
A trailblazing champion of empowering foster and adoptive families to thrive, Michele Schneidler is the co-founder of the nation's largest conference for foster and adoptive families. In 2018, Refresh Conferences were held in Seattle, Kansas City and Chicago with over 2,500 families represented. As an adoptive parent of three children herself, Michele understand the unique challenges and triumphs foster and adoptive families face.
For the last 12 years, Michele has served in orphan care ministry. First, with Antioch Adoptions and then as the Orphan Care Pastor at Overlake Christian Church. While at Overlake, she advanced life-changing work of Agape Children's Ministry in Kisumu, Kenya which transitions children from orphanage to family preservation center. She recently took a new position with Chosen & Dearly Loved as the Director of Programs and Partnerships. There she will be forming a coalition to reverse the global orphan crisis by strengthening and preserving families.
Whether she is acting as a resource for families on their post-adoption journey to wholeness or influencing a paradigm shift in orphanages, she is a champion for families overcoming trauma and special needs.
Friday, October 5:
- 3:00p Check In Opens
- 5:00p Welcome Session
- 6:30p Dinner
- 7:30p Evening Session
- 9:15p Evening Activities
Saturday, October 6:
- 8:30a Breakfast
- 10:00a Morning Session
- 12:30p Lunch
- 1:30p Meet Your Needs Options Include: Chair Massages, Mini-Sessions, Fitness Class, Quiet TIme, Naps, Arts Class, DIY Spa, Explore Nature, Ropes Course*, Zipline*, Full-Body Massages*
- 5:30p Dinner
- 7:00p Evening Session
- 9:30p Evening Activities
Sunday, October 7:
- 8:30a Tea Party Breakfast & Prize Drawings
- 9:00a Closing Session
*These activities can be signed up for at registration for an additional cost.
These quick 25-minute sessions provide introductory information with a few bite-sized take-aways.
- Staying Present in the Whirlwind – It is natural to get caught up in the whirlwind of foster and adoption. Learning ways to stay present and grounded even when your life is in chaos that can help your mental, emotional, spiritual and physical health.
- Self-Care Routine Development – Do you know why self-care is important? And more importantly, do you regularly do it? Take the mystery out of self-care and provide information about how to develop your own self-care routine that fits into your life.
- Easy Uses for Essential Oils – Learn easy ways to use essential oils to positively impact your health and mood.
- DIY Essential Oil Rollerballs – Make your own essential oil rollerball.
- Meal Making Strategies – Learn techniques for meal planning and food preparation that will help simplify the process and reduce the stress of feeding your family.
- Supporting Your Stressed Body – There are times that lower your stress level just isn’t possible. During these times, lessen the negative impact stress has on your body is vital. Learn what foods and supplements can be utilized to support your body.
Full registration includes access to all general sessions, evening activities, 5 meals, 2 nights lodging, mini-sessions, tea party and raffle prizes. Select the room options that best meets your needs:
- $255 Twin Bed Lower Bunk – Double Occupancy (shared room)
- $290 Queen Bed – Double Occupancy (shared room)
- $320 Queen Bed – Single Occupancy
Frequently Asked Questions
Due to the nature of the event, the moms involved have agreed that having children on the retreats may prevent other moms attending from experiencing the rejuvenation they need.
Yes! Before we move into a new geographic region we want to identify a local site director and gather support from the adoption and foster care community – including local agencies and churches. If you would like to be a part of this process contact Jennie Owens.
Possibly. We are actively seeking new locations for the Rejuvenate Retreat. We anticipate several new locations to be in added in the next year.
30-14 days prior to retreat, you may receive a refund of half of the registration price or may transfer 75% of the payment toward another Rejuvenate Retreat.
No refunds will be given within 14 days of retreat, however your registration fee may be transferred to another participant. If you know of someone who would like to attend in your place, let us know; otherwise we will offer the space to a mom who has expressed interest but has been unable to pay her way.
The organizers and speakers at the retreat are Christians. They may use the Bible as a teaching tool during the general sessions and some of the general sessions conclude with worship music. Our goal is to help Moms of all faiths to rejuvenate.
Rooms are assigned at check-in. The first person to arrive from each party can sign up everyone in their group.
For larger groups, contact us and we will set aside rooms ahead of time.
- Linens: Some room options provide linens. Some retreat centers provide them for an extra fee. Otherwise, bring a sleeping bag or linens and blankets (most beds are twin but there are a few double and queen beds)
- Towel & Wash cloth or bath sponge: Unless you are choosing a room that provides linens, you will need to bring a towel and wash cloth or bath sponge.
- Pillow: Unless you are choosing a room that provides linens, you will need to bring a pillow.
- Reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer
- Prescriptions and vitamins
- Book to read
- Items for your favorite hobby (We will have activities available, including the supplies for arts and crafts; however you may want to bring your own craft supplies, musical instrument or anything else that you enjoy doing.)
- Snacks (Food and some snacks will be provided, but you may want to bring some of your own, especially for the late night activities like the PJ Party Game Night)
- Workout Clothes (If you want to participate in one of the fitness classes provided at the retreat or go for a nature walk, you may want to bring workout clothes.)
What to Leave Home:
- Worries and stress
- Perfume (Some women are allergic to perfume…let’s make this a pleasant experience for everyone)
Typically between 100-150 women come to each retreat. While for some this may seem like a large number, we provide many opportunities to get to know other moms in smaller, more intimate settings throughout the weekend.
Nope. We are all adults and you can use the weekend for what you need. If that includes some of the planned activities, we are honored to have helped you rejuvenate. If not, that’s ok too. We want you to do whatever will help you experience rejuvenation.
It depends on the ticket you have purchased. Some private accommodations are available at most of our retreat centers for an additional cost.
When shared rooms are used we have planned so that no upper bunks are used when rooms are so equipped.